Here’s how Lawyaw stacks up:
- We’re the document automation solution for more than 1,000 solo, small and medium-size firms across the U.S. and Canada.
- If you add up all our active users, Lawyaw would be one of the 4 biggest law firms in North America.
- Once users see how much time and effort the platform can save them, they stick with us.
And that’s why we’re so proud of hitting the million document milestone. Because even if we estimate that a user saved an hour per document (it’s usually much more, actually, especially if we’re talking about packets of letters, motions and requests bundled into a set),that’s equivalent to about 125,000 eight-hour workdays. So, averaged out, every firm using Lawyaw has created nearly 125 days of new opportunities so far. Not bad for a company that’s only four years old.
Automated Document Assembly
When it comes to document creation, most law firms utilize blank forms and templates (often saved as Word docs). Even with the templates, lawyers find themselves spending time with multiple tabs open to find, copy and paste client information. This repetition often leads to mistakes and compounds together to take hours out of your week.
Lawyaw’s intelligent automation allows you to:
- Onboard new clients entirely from the Lawyaw platform
- Transform your most commonly used templates and forms, filled with key client details with just a few clicks
- Quickly review and edit any necessary details in a given document
- Immediately download generated documents or send them directly to clients for electronic signatures.
Example: New Client Intake
Onboarding new clients is a process every lawyer understands well, no matter your specialization. Now, you’ll see exactly how simple Lawyaw makes new client intake and clearly demonstrates why legal professionals have used our solution to create more than one million documents.
Step One: Send a new client questionnaire
With Lawyaw, it’s simple to create a client questionnaire form which asks your clients for all necessary contact details you’ll need for their client profile. Once your form is finished, you’ll be able to copy/paste the link to send to every new client you’re onboarding. Each time a client fills out the form, you’ll be able to give it a once over to check for accuracy, misspellings and other common errors.
After you review the information, the client data populates directly into the documents you've selected.
Step Two: Generate, edit and send the fee agreement
(Generating a fee agreement and setting up e-sign in about 30 seconds)
After you capture client data, it’s always available to add to any document you choose. It’s all automatically inserted after you choose the form or template and select the client in your Lawyaw dashboard.
One document that is common to most law offices is the fee agreement. After you add your fee agreement template, simply choose it and assign the client, by name. Lawyaw then adds all relevant client data directly to a draft copy of your fee agreement template. All inputs are highlighted for you to quickly check and edit, if necessary. Now the document is ready to generate.
There are two different ways to generate documents:
- Download: To either print or email to the client
- Allow for electronic signature: Easily add e-signature spaces for clients to sign documents as soon as they receive them.
Step Three: Begin generating all other necessary documents
Once the client has signed the fee agreement, you can immediately begin generating all relevant forms and documents pertaining to the case. All generated documents can be organized into different projects, for easier workflow and file structure. It’s also simple to create multiple projects for recurring clients or cases with more complex legal issues.
Lawyaw is an End-to-End Document Workflow Solution
Depending on your specialization, you likely use dozens, or even hundreds, of forms and Word templates. Each one of these documents require common client details, each and every time. An automated solution may seem beneficial, yet daunting.
Here are a few actionable tips that may help you avoid becoming overwhelmed:.
- Start small: Transferring your own Word templates is simple. Once you transfer the first template, you’ll be ready to move them all. Begin with your most used templates first, the 20% of documents you use 80% of the time.
- Look around: Nail down your workflow and get a feel for the platform’s features. See how things work while you’re adding clients and creating new templates.
- Reach out to support: Using a new software always creates questions. If you want to know anything about a feature or have questions about Lawyaw, please click the blue icon in the bottom right corner of the screen to begin a chat.
Every minute you spend transferring a template, adding clients and finding common forms in Lawyaw compounds into adding extra hours each month and days each year. Once you’ve experienced the time-saving power of document automation, you’ll wonder what you did without it.
If you're ready to see what Lawyaw can do to help your practice, complete the form below to schedule a conversation.