Updated: December 15, 2020
2. Children Under the Age of 18.
The Platform is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Platform. We do not knowingly collect information of any sort, including personal information, from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on the Platform. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information immediately. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It.
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Platform, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, e-mail address, bar number, and company name if you create an account, and also credit card and billing information collected by our payment processor Stripe, Inc. (“Stripe”) if you sign up for a paid subscription (“personal information”);
- that you voluntarily enter, such as client details and case information, that may include personal information;
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Platform, and usage details;
- that you send to us when you seek support, or submit questions, concerns or other feedback.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site or open email communications from us containing tracking pixels. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, web browser preferences, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies. Although we do not correlate tracking information to individuals, some information collected, such as IP addresses, will be unique.
4. How We Use Your Information.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present the Platform and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account and/or subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to the Platform or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To modify and improve our Platform and any services that we may offer.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Marketing. We may use your personal information to contact you to tell you about products or services we believe may be of interest to you. For instance, if you elect to provide your email or telephone number, we may use that information to send you special offers. You may opt out of receiving emails by following the instructions contained in each promotional email we send you. You can also control the marketing emails and/or text messages you receive by updating your settings through your account. In addition, if at any time you do not wish to receive future marketing communications, you may contact us. If you unsubscribe from our marketing lists, you will no longer receive marketing communications but we will continue to contact you regarding management of your account, other administrative matters, and to respond to your requests.
5. Disclosure of Your Information.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about the Platform users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you enter client information into a document in your account that you have shared with other authorized users, we will transmit or provide access to this information to the account of the authorized users.
- For the purpose of including your organization’s logo on our website.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others.
6. Accessing and Correcting Your Information.
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Platform and visiting your account.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not be able to delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
7. Your California Privacy Rights.
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of the Platform that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Data Security.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. For example, access by a user to his or her personal information is available through a password and unique username selected by the user, plus an authentication code that will be texted or emailed to the user that will be required to login. This information is encrypted through the Transport Layer Security with Secure Socket Layer technology (SSL) and is also encrypted when it is stored by us to prevent unauthorized parties from viewing such information. All Company employees are required to adhere to our security and confidentiality procedures and undergo training related to maintaining the security of user personal information.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have chosen a password for access to certain parts of the Platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone and be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Platform.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Platform. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Platform.
9. Third Party Links.
11. International Users.
By using our Platform, you understand and acknowledge that your personal information, and that of your employees and customers will be transferred from your location to our facilities and servers in the United States.
12. Contact Information.